Jacqueline graduated with honors from the University of Toronto with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry in 1995, before pursuing her career in Traditional Chinese Medicine. She trained in China while studying a Bachelor Degree of Chinese Medicine & Biomedical Sciences from the Hong Kong Baptist University. She also holds a Master of Science Degree in Nutrition, Food Science & Technology and a Master of Science in Chinese Medicine from the Chinese University in Hong Kong. Jacqueline is registered with the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario (CTCMPAO) as a Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner and Acupuncturist (RTCMP & RAc). Jacqueline joined the Bellesmere Massage Therapy team in 2017.
Jacqueline has worked in hospital settings in both the Guangzhou Provincial Hospital and the Pok Oi Hospital in Hong Kong. She believes that every patient is unique, so their treatment plan should be unique as well. She draws on her experience in working with patients in a variety of healthcare areas including dermatology, obstetrics, gynecology, internal medicine and paediatrics. Jacqueline is an insightful practitioner and works closely with clients to create customized treatment plans to obtain a healthy bodily balance.
Jacqueline goes beyond solely treating symptoms by evaluating the whole person, both physically and psychologically. She takes a holistic approach to working with her clients, adjusting the Yin & Yang energy patterns and the Qi (Chi energy) for optimal health of mind-body-spirit. She is a course instructor at the Royal North American College of TCM and has conducted health seminars for non-profit organizations, nursing homes and community organizations to promote awareness of the benefits and treatments of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Jacqueline is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Areas of Specialty include:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Restorative Health
- Postural Restrictions
- Skin Conditions
- Surgical Recovery
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Menstrual Issues
- Joint Pain
- Mind-Body-Spiritual Balanced Health
Certifications, Studies and Workshops include:
- Internal Medicine of Traditional Chinese Medicine – Advanced Level
- Zhang’s Acupuncture Technique
- Prof. Huang Huang’s Clinical Application of TCM Classic Formulae (Toronto) & Classic Formulae for Insomnia
- Prof. Chai Tie Qu’s Huangdi Neijing & Nanjing studies
- Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner and Acupuncturist (RTCMP & RAc) of CTCMPAO
- Master of Science in Chinese Medicine, the Chinese UniversityofHong Kong
- Master of Science in Nutrition, Food Science & Technology,the Chinese Universityof Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Chinese Medicine and Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science (Honours), Hong Kong Baptist University
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, University of Toronto
- Clinical Application of Therapy of Adjusting Menstrual Cycle (Prof. Xia, Guicheng)