Janet graduated from the Sutherland-Chan School of Massage Therapy in 1997. She has worked for various multidisciplinary clinics and is proud to collaborate with other health care practitioners when providing care for her clients’ health and well being. She is pleased to become a member of the Bellesmere Massage Therapy team, starting July 2020.
Janet previously graduated with a BSc in Psychology and Biology from the University of Toronto in 1989. She has 7 years of corporate business experience in sales, marketing and HR. As much as she loved working with people, she also had a passion for science and the human body. She enjoyed art and creativity from a young age. From drawing, painting and working with plaster, she always knew she wanted to work with her hands.
Janet employs a variety of Swedish advanced techniques like fascial release, joint mobilizations, trigger point therapy and stretching to release restrictions and reduce myofascial pain. She has brought her passion for massage and educating into various corporate Wellness Days, Health Fairs, has presented at Lunch ‘n Learn workshops, high school Career Days, and taught Professionalism & Ethics and various Treatment courses at the Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy (CCMH) for almost 15 years.
Janet has taken a keen interest in helping women cope with the muscular aches and pains that come with pregnancy and has taken advanced courses in pre and post-natal massage, as well as infant massage instruction. She takes great joy in easing her pregnant clients’ low back, hip or shoulder pain and considers it a great honour to be able to affect women’s health through such a special time in their lives.
Janet is pursuing further studies in advanced fascial release and learning about how our aging population copes with Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
She firmly believes in giving clients self-care to help them achieve their treatment goals. Janet practices with a high level of professionalism and integrity and values building strong and respectful client-therapist relationships.
Areas of Specialty include:
- Pre- and Post-Natal Massage
- Infant Massage
- Myofascial Release
- Joint Mobilization
- Workplace ergonomics and Poor Posture
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Chronic headaches
Certifications, Studies and Workshops:
- The Body Remembers: Massage Therapy & the Treatment of P.T.S.D.
- The RMT as Professional Labour Support (with Trimester’s)
- Infant Massage Instruction (with Trimester’s)
- Cranial Sacral Therapy Level 1
- Visceral Manipulations Part 1
- Scapular Stretch and Rotator Cuff Release Level 1
- Schweitzer’s Deep Tissue Therapy
- Vital Dynamic Golf Series Level 1
- WHMIS Training
- Accessible Customer Service for Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- The Aging Brain
- Advanced Treatment Perspectives: Cupping as a Soft Tissue Tool
- Level 1 Certification with Workers Health & Safety Center (WHSC)