From India to Dubai to Canada, Shaona’s international training and experience have led her to apply a truly global approach to healing the body through the practice of Massage Therapy, Reiki and Quantum Touch.
Shaona is passionate about providing her patients relief from stress, inflammation, acute and chronic pain through the use of massage and energy techniques. Shaona also utilizes her knowledge of Psychosomatics (Body Psychology), Aromatherapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Release and Ayurveda, to provide optimum client care. Shaona has worked with clients of all ages (9 months to 93 years) to relieve discomfort caused by trauma, injuries, accidents, repetitive strain and chronic conditions.
Shaona joined the Bellesmere team in 2005 after graduating with Honours in Massage Therapy from Elmcrest College (now Bryan College) in Toronto, Ontario. In India, Shaona trained as a Reiki practitioner and became a Reiki Master in 1999. Recently, she completed her Level 1 Quantum Touch training in Peterborough, Ontario and is on her way to completing her certification.
Shaona continues to be involved in her community and volunteers at fundraisers for Scarborough General Hospital, Rouge Valley Health Services, YMCA Strong Kids Campaign, “Think Pink” weekend to end breast cancer, and in Health Fairs at local schools. She is also a Rotary Club donor and provides training, talks and healing support through Reiki.
Certifications, Studies and Workshops
- Massage Therapy with Honours from Elmcrest College, Toronto
- Bachelor of Science with Honours from Jadavpur University, India
- Reiki Levels I, II and III in the Traditional Usui System of Healing
- Quantum Touch - Level 1 complete (studies ongoing for certification)
- Participated, coached and head coached programs offered by Landmark Worldwide
- Participated in workshops providing training in Psychosomatics, Aromatherapy, Ayurveda and Ancient Tibetan Yoga
- Introduction to Craniosacral Therapy
- Introduction to Matrix Repatterning